Jacob Schepis interviewed me on programming and nutrition for advanced trainees. We had a nice informal talk here. Jacob does a good job of teasing out what the practical applications of things are and not just what the scientific theory is.
Topics discussed include:
- Schoenfeld et al.’s new 45 set study: what’s the optimal training volume?
- What makes someone ‘advanced’?
- Realistic progress
- The best periodization models for muscle growth
- Programming differences in training and nutrition for women
- Is there really such a thing as a natty max?