Mike Matthews interviewed me about how we can use scientific research to boost our willpower and be more productive. Mike’s an extremely productive person himself, so it was great to talk to a similar mind. We go off on a few personal tangents in this interview, so if you’re pressed for time, you may want to skip to the juicy parts using the timestamps below.
- 6:26 – What inspired you to write The Science of Self-Control?
- 11:17 – What is 2 system theory and why is it important to understanding self-control?
- 23:38 – Practical tips for improving self-control.
- 28:11 – What are evidence-based ways to get through boredom?
- 35:48 – How do you structure your day?
- 48:14 – The best length for a nap.
- 50:22 – The power of imaginary breaks.
Apple podcast version
If you liked this podcast, you’ll love my new book.
Then get our free mini-course on muscle building, fat loss and strength.