If someone asked me to come on their podcast in return for them donating to charity in my name, what would I choose? You can find out in this podcast, because that’s exactly what Dave Maconi did. This was a really fun chat on wide variety of topics.
- 0:00– Intro
- 0:50– Menno’s donation
- 2:35– P-ratio debate with Gren Nuckols and Eric Trexler
- 4:50– P-Ratio defined
- 7:00– Menno’s volume recommendations and deloads
- 13:20– Refeed debate and discussion
- 19:00– Adherence to diet
- 26:00– Refeeds to maintain versus diet down
- 29:20– Water retention and bloating
- 33:10– Meal timing on workout days
- 37:10– Adaptable metabolisms
- 38:00– Poor estimates of body fat percentage
- 38:55– How I like to use calipers to gauge progress
- 41:00– Menno’s height and weight
- 41:45– How Menno made new gains
- 44:40– Sleep quality during dieting
- 46:30– Magnesium, melatonin, and light therapy
- 54:00– Tips for dieting without hunger
- 56:15– Detailing recomping
- 59:00– Getting a DEXA scan
- 1:01:30– Do hardgainers need more or less volume?
- 1:08:30– Where to find more of Menno
Then get our free mini-course on muscle building, fat loss and strength.