This was a good one. Dylan Guynn interviewed me on my recent book, The Science of Self-control. We went into multiple topics that I hadn’t gone into at all in previous interviews and Dylan asked astute questions that made it clear he understood the book and he could contribute to the conversation.
- Is science of self control a self help book? 4:30
- Why is there an elephant on the cover of the book? 7:00
- Is willpower a limited resource? 11:00
- How do we control system 1 & system 2: 17:30
- How long can we do a task until we need a break? 21:00
- Caffeine and the Hermes Dodson law: 24:15
- Post prandial somnolence: 35:11
- Energy restriction’s effects on energy levels: 41:37
- Economics & diet adherence: 50:00
- Menno’s Pt course: 59:20
Apple podcasts version
Then get our free mini-course on muscle building, fat loss and strength.