In this video, Thomas Campidell interviewed me on a host of different topics, ranging from how fecal transplants can make you depressed to strength standards for natural lifters. Check out the timestamps below. If you’re into intellectual discussions and self-improvement, I think you’ll enjoy this interview. And if you speak German, you’ll probably love Thomas’s evidence-based fitness channel in general.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:42 Who is Menno?
- 02:30 Confirmation bias
- 06:52 How people change their beliefs
- 08:28 Common problems with exercise science
- 11:25 Common problems with physiotherapists
- 12:25 Strength vs. size
- 15:42 Why you technically cannot ‘be’ strong
- 16:45 Strength standards & when do you look like you lift
- 20:28 Success & Googling
- 23:30 Why Self-Control?
- 29:51 What is happiness?
- 35:25 Creativity and happiness
- 38:01 Life satisfaction vs. subjective well-being
- 39:23 How to combine strength and endurance training
- 42:50 How to motivate yourself to work out after long work days
- 45:55 How your gut microbiome affects your gains
Then get our free mini-course on muscle building, fat loss and strength.