Fact: Eating with your hands is nice.
Fact: Stuffing yourself with wraps until you can’t eat anymore is nice.
It logically follows this guest recipe from Sanne Leenman is the bomb.
Ingredients for 3 wraps
500 g / 1.1 lbs Liquid Egg whites
100 g / 3.5 oz Whole wheat flour (Substitute with 80 g (2.8 oz) corn starch to make a gluten-free version)
Add salt and sweetener (sucralose) to taste: I use ~1/2 tspn of salt and 1/10 th tspn of pure sucralose
Macros per wrap
Protein: 20 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Energy: 207 kcal
Ingredients for 5 servings pasta sauce
1 kg / 2.2 lbs Minced Beef, 97 % lean
500 g / 1.1 lbs Red Bell pepper, chopped
700 g / 1.5 lbs Zucchini, chopped
300 g / 10.6 oz Onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves
Add a bit of sweetener (sucralose) to taste
Meal macros: 2 wraps + 1/5 Pasta sauce + 1 medium avocado
Protein: 93 g
Fat: 27 g
Carbohydrates: 83 g
Energy: 945 kcal
Meal macros: 2 wraps + 1/5 Pasta sauce (no avocado)
Protein: 91 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 75 g
Energy: 784 kcal
How to make the wraps
- Mix the egg whites and flour together with salt and sweetener to taste. Mix everything with a (stick) blender.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add a third of the batter. Wait until the bottom of the wrap is set. Flip it carefully to heat the other side.
- Serve directly or wrap the wraps in tin foil (to keep them soft) for later consumption and store in the fridge.
How to make the pasta sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat and break it up with a spatula; brown it on all sides until no longer pink inside.
- While your meat is cooking, chop your vegetables in very small pieces.
- Stir-fry the chopped vegetables for a few minutes. Start with the onion, then the zucchini and then finally the bell pepper.
- Transfer the meat to a big cooking pot. Add the vegetables and the jars of pasta sauce. Mix everything well. Add salt and sweetener to taste and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Chop the avocado in cubes. Mix the portion of the pasta sauce that you’re going to eat with the avocado and heat it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add it on top of the wrap and fold it.